People often ask me where I find Inspiration. It’s not an easy question to answer. For me, it all depends (click the links for an example): on how I look at the world, my present, future or past experiences, even a simple thing like a dragonfly. Inspiration strikes me at odd moments or in planned ones. For instance (and here is the strange dichotomy that Inspiration often is), I “plan” these National Poetry Month posts, but writing them is an off-the-cuff, of the moment thing that happens ( somewhat 😛 ) quickly.
Please let me know “What is Inspiration?” to you in the comments. I am interested to find out what all my Bloginistas have to say, as Inspiration is many things to many people!
Here are some quotes on the subject, and are a perfect example of the different interpretations people have of what inspires them:
- “Poetry is just the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash.” ― Leonard Cohen
- “Inspiration is a guest that does not willingly visit the lazy.” ― Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” ― Albert Einstein
- “You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” ― Jack London
- “All the effort in the world won’t matter if you’re not inspired.” ― Chuck Palahniuk
- “Ideas come from everything” ― Alfred Hitchcock